Thursday, January 4, 2024

Still learning

 I'm a fan of The Great Courses and have purchased a number of the various series on eBay, far cheaper buying used that new.

I'm nearly finished with the series of lectures for Algebra 1. Even after all these decades it's coming back to me. Next is Algebra 2 and then Trig and precalculus before attempting Calculus. 

I had nearly 40 term credit hours of math as an undergraduate and what can I say, I enjoy math, yes and Physics.

When traveling cross country I would mentally play with number series. I'm not as sharp as I was in my 20s but the old brain still functions.

I had good roll models as my mom followed the news and even after working all day would read the newspaper pretty much cover to cover. Dad was a forever student and tutored students in computers quite late in life.

Someone asked me why I wanted to study math and I said because I want to, I can't think of a better reason than that.


No comments: