I graduated from Michigan State University's School of Packaging technology in June of 1966. My first job was with Continental Can Company in the Chicago area. It was a great job in that we new hires were given our own projects to work with guidance from more senior employees plus we did our own technicians' work. As a result I spent lots of time in the pilot plant area where we were packing experimental beer containers checking for such things as new enamels, side seam coating and more. We would always hold back some of bottles of beer as our controls also known as a starting benchmark.
The company was Union and I could not use a cart to move my test samples as it would have been a union violation. I had to stand over the union guys and tell them what codes to put on what containers which seem like a terrible waste of time also there was a possibility that mistakes could be made.
Well anyways the time would come when I wanted to take my control bottles of beer back to the lab again to check the starting benchmark. As I stated before I could not use a wheel cart so I piled them on top of my boobs and was cradling them with my arms. When I got on the elevator one of the guys looked at me with bottles piled as high as I could handle and he said oh so that's what they're for. No doubt talking about my...
No comments:
Post a Comment